Translate

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Visit to the International Tracing Service (ITS)


Once again, I call attention to Hans-Peter Klein and his good works in support of descendants of the Jewish Communities of North-Hessen.   I asked him for advice in scheduling a visit in October of this year to the International Tracing Service (ITS) in Bad Arolsen, Germany.  ITS holds in its archives some 30 million documents recovered from the Nazi regime.  It makes these documents available in order to provide information on the fates of victims of Nazi persecution.  The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington also has access to the full ITS database.

As I have come to expect from Hans-Peter, he joined me on the visit to the ITS that he arranged.  We had a revealing and emotional three hour visit there.  Our host spent the entire time with us and provided surprising documentation of my grandparents’ and aunt’s fate.  In addition, while we were there, she found information on many other members of my family and promised to eventually send more.


The ITS recently published an article about Hans-Peter and our October visit: 



No comments:

Post a Comment